Culture is defined as the manifestations or methodologies of rituals, beliefs, style, clothing, food, etc., followed by many people of a particular area.
The culture of one’s land will define a person’s initial traits. From eating habits to clothing, everything is inspired by the same.
What is meant by cross-culture?
Cross-culture is a term used to define the mix of one or two cultures and traditions that gives birth to one’s style. Anyone who loves fashion and likes to experiment with their style can mix and match several clothing pieces and carry them with panache to create a statement.
When any piece of clothing that belongs to a particular region or state has its own culture is infused with another piece of clothing of any other state or region, its resulting style is pleasing and presentable. It can be carried as a cross-cultural costume.
Cross-cultural fashion came into existence when people started thinking out of the box and kicked off experimenting with their styles and the pieces of clothes they had. Cultural barriers are broken with this method of styling and dressing as anyone can wear anything belonging to any particular culture. There are several benefits to this trend as well; it will be discussed further in the article.
Features of cross-cultural fashion trends:
Fashion style or clothes that result from the amalgamation of various cultures and their staple pieces can be described as cross-cultural fashion. The several features of the same are listed below:
- Uniqueness: Any outfit that is not generic or staple. It defines a particular culture if paired up with something from any other region. A unique and distinctive outfit is formed that beats the monotonous styles and trends.
- Creativity: People who love experimenting with style and clothes can apply all of their creativity and form outfits that are a perfect blend of two or more cultures.
- Variety: Anything that is made by mixing and matching, provides a huge variety of options. Thus, cross-cultural fashion is backed up with a lot of varieties.
- Bridging gaps: The most glorious feature of cross-cultural fashion is that it bridges the gap between various places and regions’, cultures, and traditions. Anyone can explore any regional style and clothing trends and incorporate their trends to create something new.
- A positive promotion of cultures: When anyone incorporates the different pieces of any culture in their way, both the cultures promote positively. People across the globe can get aware of the various cultures and traditions.
These are a few features of the cross-cultural fashion trends that makes this style appealing to the new designers who love to experiment with trends. Cross-culture and cross-tradition elicit creativity from people who even have the slightest sense of fashion. This has benefitted a lot of people and groups who want to enjoy the various styles of clothing of a particular tradition, region, state, or culture.
Furthermore, the discovery of cross-cultural fashion trends has led to creating a new and raw industry that promotes the creativity of new designers. People who love to experiment with their styles and want to create fusion trends can always explore this industry. Cross-cultural fashion allows independent designers to explore all the realms of fashion and trends related to culture and tradition. They can experiment and create unconventional clothing styles that portray the ideology of “unity in diversity.”
Check the links below to know more: