It is true when they say that every coin has two sides. With the major health crisis the world is now dealing with, students and teachers have adopted the online way to learn. While the traditional way of teaching and learning takes place in an enclosed classroom with blackboards, the online class only requires you to get connected to the internet and learn. You can do so just by sitting in the comfort of your home. However, with the pandemic situation not being under control, the online way of learning is here to stay. Similarly, parents have a growing concern about the results of online classes for their children. With no physical teacher to help out or clarify, will the online class be a success and help children in a better way? Let us have a deeper look at both of these learning methods and decipher which one is better than the other.
Online learning or online classes takes place over the internet which can be attended from home. Online learning is also commonly known as distance learning or E-learning. Learning that is conducted at a distance other than a classroom setup can be considered as an online class or learning. You can have various discussions online, submit assignments, or even mail teachers in case of any doubts. Online classrooms are pretty much flexible, convenient, and accessible. Without leaving your home, you can learn and experience a lot. Furthermore, you can complete your lessons as per your schedule. One of the greatest benefits of online learning is costs. While traditional classes can cost you a ton, online classes are decently priced.
Pros of Online Classes:
– Online classes offer flexibility to study and understand concepts as per your understanding.
– The procedure is considerably low prices as compared to traditional classrooms.
– Learning and gaining knowledge without having to step out of your home.
Cons of Online Classes:
– Online classes do not have one-on-one interaction between students and teachers.
Traditional learning takes place in a classroom and is considered to be suitable for students or college-goers. The traditional way of learning enables students to interact with other students which proves to be useful as they grow up. They learn the importance of discipline and are more prone to know their strengths and weaknesses. Moreover, a traditional classroom allows students and teachers to interact well with one another and form a strong bond. In such a setup, teachers can be students, role models, mentors, or guides who can understand them well. Besides, such classes encourage a child to ask their doubts and queries almost instantly with the teacher solving them. They can also share their viewpoints and ideas with others. Last but not the least, a traditional classroom makes use of textbooks and notebooks that allow your child to understand better.
Pros of Traditional Classes:
– The best advantage of having a traditional class is the one-on-one interaction between students and teachers.
– Both students and teachers can get to know each other well which will help in forming a good bond between them.
– Solve doubts or queries instantly without having to wait for the right time.
– Traditional learning helps in personal development, mental awareness, and physical activity.
– It is the best way to know your plus and negative points.
– Form healthy relationships with students and teachers.
Cons of Traditional Classes:
– Traditional learning can be pressuring for some students since they cannot keep up the same learning pace as others.
It is important to gain an education but it does not matter how you gain them. Be it online classrooms or traditional learning methods, each one of them has its share of pros and cons. It is best to follow the method which benefits your child. However, until the pandemic doesn’t find a way out, online classes will be here to stay.
You can read more on the article here: